Come to the beautiful Laurel mountains, 65 miles SE of Pittsburgh, PA. and learn all about tiny houses on wheels. Take a 30 minute tour of the charming Silver Bullet Tiny House, by designer, builder, artist and author, Vera Struck for $15. You will discover repurposed and reclaimed resources, renewable energy systems, a zero waste, off-grid tiny house on wheels made from sustainable non-toxic materials. For the serious tiny house enthusiasts we recommend the 3 hour workshop $75., where you will learn tiny house building systems, tiny house decisions about trailers, materials, building design, parking, zoning, etc.
30 minute tours for the tiny house curious, $15., $20 at the door. Pre-purchase your tickets here for whichever day you wish to come. Pre-ticket holders get preference over at the door buyers.
The 30 minute tours are limited to 12 attendees per session
June 11th: 30 minute tour (on the hour 1PM, 2PM, 3PM, 4PM)
June 12th: 30 minute tour (on the hour 10AM, 11AM, 1PM, 2PM)
June 18th: 30 minute tour (on the hour 1PM, 2PM, 3PM, 4PM)
June 19th: 30 minute tour (on the hour 10AM, 11AM, 1PM, 2PM)
The 3 hour tiny house workshop gets you:
• entrance to the enchanting grounds of the Christian W. Klay Winery
• 3 hour tour and workshop in and around the Silver Bullet Tiny House. Learn about the tiny house movement and Vera’s personal tiny house journey. Ms. Struck will share her building envelope design based on bio-mimicry. She will discuss many of the tiny house decisions that face those enthusiast’s curious about the movement. Trailer modification, design process, framing, sheathing, downsizing transitions, insulation and energy systems will be covered. Includes light refreshments, building samples and 30 minute Q&A session. Bring your sense of humor!!
• Includes light refreshments, and building resource samples (as long as they last, so register early)
• a copy of her e-book, “Living the Sustainable Tiny Life” will be included in the tour/workshop
• after each workshop the Christian W. Klay Winery will provide a wine tasting
June 11th: 9-12 AM Limited to 12 attendees
June 18th: 9-12 AM Limited to 12 attendees
If you are planning an entire weekend of enjoyment in the Laurel Highlands, we suggest:
• enjoying one of the many local white water rafting challenges
• visiting one of the three Frank Lloyd Wright homes (including Falling Water, 10 minutes away)
• visit the Ridge Runner Distillery across the street
• take in a swim, golf, a spa treatment, or a holistic healing session at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
Comments about her book:
Once I started reading Living the Sustainable Tiny Life
, I couldn’t put it down. In addition to Vera’s inspiring personal journey, she gives the reader a detailed look at how and why she designed each element of her house the way that she did. I was surprised to learn that she managed to get her floor to have an R value of 33 with an ingenious design and construction method. I definitely recommend this book for anyone considering but isn’t sure if they can gain the skills required to do it themselves. Living the Sustainable Tiny Life
will give you the kick you need to get moving!” – Ethan Waldman, Tiny House Designer/Builder/Dweller/Author of Tiny House Decisions, Tiny House Parking
Other comments about her e-book by tiny house movement leaders can be seen here.