There is very little waste at the Silver Bullet Tiny House build. The little that remains was recycled and reclaimed, up cycled and repurposed, a few examples here:
• Free horticulture palettes that stored building supplies all winter were repurposed for an outside vermicomposting shed to reclaim 60% of our organic waste (the other 40% goes into another composting pile):
• NYTimes newspapers and bottled water containers left by workshop attendees were made into creative fashions:
Repurposed lumber scraps and found lumber used for basic construction workbench:
•Repurposed, repaired, reclaimed, recycled found objects from yard sales or free from my local UHaul “free cycle” area; see separate links for the stackable stools, the bar stool, gift boxes, and tray.
• More fashions made of rain screen, cedar breather and corrugated steel will be posted after the fashion show!!
North Shore Artists Advance Sustainability Through Fashion
On October 25th you can purchase a gown, accessory, travel package, gift certificates to your favorite local vendors; have great food, meet new friends–a good time seeing some fabulous “up cycled/repurposed” fashions in this show and help raise funds for longwayhome.org (They build sustainably designed schools). (The gown on the far right is one of my designs).